12 May 2019

We met on a glorious afternoon to walk down the bridle path to the site of Low Greygarth, a farm marked on the tithe map of 1838. There is only an old barn standing on the site now, which Richard and Jean have had restored and Richard kindly let us see inside it. There are some mullion stones and other dressed stone in some of the walls and traces of old wall foundations. It is a lovely view across the gill from the site and it is quite a sheltered spot. It must have been a good location for a farmhouse.


The view from Low Greygarth towards Castiles